RAWR-HoI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handling of Banned Members

2 posters

Go down

Handling of Banned Members Empty Re: Handling of Banned Members

Post by k3rrigan Mon Jul 19 2010, 19:49

Each type of rule violation must have different approach. For instance we cant kick members being ban because of bashing rule (mistakes can be made, many things can happen in 24 hours, like forgetting time or first attack or how many you made so far), another ban that should be ignored is that auto-ban on trades mistakes

I think there is a limit for this kind of bans, you wont get endless 3 day ban over and over again. Unless that limit is reach we could ignore the ban or maybe take action on 2nd one of same type.
k3rrigan
k3rrigan
Battlecruiser
Battlecruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Emandab1 Mon Jul 19 2010, 21:10

K3,

I think this is an excellent point. I am going to modify the proposed rule and put it in a separate posting. Once we agree on the rule I will figure out some clever way of updating the topic to make more sense.
Emandab1
Emandab1
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Emandab1 Mon Jul 19 2010, 21:23

OGame bans users for rule violations by putting them in the pillory.
This ban can be temporary or permanent. The EC will review the banning of each alliance member and the circumstances surrounding the banning.

Permanently banned members will be removed from the alliance in OGame. The EC will determine if and when it is appropriate to deactivate the banned member's forum account. Some examples of reasons for leaving the banned member's forum account active include allowing the banned member to post a farewell message, getting advice from the banned member, etc...

The EC will determine if temporarily banned members will remain in the alliance or be treated as inactive members and have to reapply once the banning is lifted.
Emandab1
Emandab1
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Emandab1 Mon Jul 19 2010, 21:42

K3,

I removed the rigidity that was in the rule but did not put any specifics into the rule concerning different types of rule violations.

While we have not had many bannings in the past, we have examined each one individually. The rule really did not match our actual policy. I think Mel was banned for bashing. We never considered banning her and it took a day or two of her communicating with the GO to even understand why the banning occurred.

On the other hand, I don't want to prohibit the EC removing members from the alliance for minor violations. While no individual minor violation may be worthy of booting a member, a series of problems can add up.

Hence I think just leaving it to the EC's discretion is best. If the EC is unfair then the alliance has bigger problems then dealing with an occasional banning.
Emandab1
Emandab1
Destroyer
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum